Tuesday, May 21, 2013
The official kickoff for Summer is coming soon, Memorial weekend. Not surprisingly, the weather is not cooperating with plans for outdoor barbeques and beach bonfires. We are expecting rain along the Oregon Coast, but don't let the rain stop you from having a good time. There are plenty of things to do inside. Here is a list of suggestions:
- Museums - From the Astoria Film Museum to the Tillamook Air Museum, almost every town on the coast has a museum with interesting and educational displays.
- Movies - Visit one of the many movie theatres along the coast or rent one from the local video store.
- Plays - There are several great playhouses that produce top notch entertainment. Check out the Coaster Theatre in Cannon Beach, or Theatre West in Lincoln City. Both theatres have shows running Memorial weekend.
- Aquariums - Newport has a world class Aquarium with activities to keep the kids busy. Seaside has a quaint little aquarium with a family of seals who like to be fed.
- Shopping - There are 2 outlet malls on the coast, one in Lincoln City and one in Seaside. The downtown areas in coastal towns all have charming shops where you can pick up unique items. There are some great antique stores on the coast as well. In Seaside, the carousel mall has an indoor carousel. Seaside also has lots of video arcades and indoor bumper cars to keep kids young and old busy for hours.